chevron_rightHow much are the Homeowner Association dues?
- $205 per year - invoiced January 1st and due March 31
chevron_rightWhen are the Homeowner Association dues paid?
- The $205 per year is invoiced yearly on January 1st and is due by March 31st
chevron_rightHow do I pay my Homeowner Association dues?
- Online - through "Pay Dues" link - fees are added before you check out
- By Personal or Bank Check - mail to Sundance HOA, P.O. Box 586, Choctaw, OK 73020
chevron_rightHow often are meetings held?
- Once every month
- Except June & October when Midwest City holds events for the neighborhoods
chevron_rightWhen and where are meetings held?
- The first Thursday of every month unless there are extenuating circumstances - look for notices on the HOME page of our web-site and on our Facebook page.
- Held at Charles Johnson building at 8726 SE 15th Street. The drive is immediately east of Cocopelli's Salon. It's a long drive and the building is through the gates. Come in any of the three sets of double glass doors and ask where Sundance is meeting.
- Meeting is from 6:30 - 8:00 pm.
- Supper is provided by Midwest City and the HOA Board of Directors
chevron_rightWhat is a HOA (Homeowner's Association)?
- It is a non-profit organization tasked with maintaining community-wide standards to protect and preserve property values.
- It is governed by legally-binding documents filed with the Oklahoma County Clerk's Office.
- The Sundance HOA Board of Directors is staffed by volunteer residents of Sundance.
It collects HOA Dues. Dues pay maintenance and upkeep of the common areas, parks and playground equipment, mowing/lawn care, and insurance, etc.
It prepares and sends closing letters to Title companies prior to sale of all properties in Sundance.
It requests and receives Bids: receives at least three competitive bids for maintenance and repair.
It enforces Covenants and Amendments
It also consists of an Architectural Review Committee: reviews modification requests from homeowners.
It files all liens and lien releases through the Oklahoma County Court Clerk Office.
It holds monthly meetings (except for June & October) and communicates with the homeowners
- chevron_rightWhich schools do Sundance children attend?
chevron_rightWhat are the holiday (Halloween, Christmas, etc.) decorating rules?
They should be tasteful, with no obscene or grotesque items. Inflatables are allowed.
- chevron_rightWhen are trash and recycling pick-up days?
chevron_rightWhen is Sundance's quarterly curbside bulk pick-up?
- MWC Bulk Schedule - we are zone 12
chevron_rightAm I allowed to park on the street?
No. You can temporarily or if you have guests, but not as a permanent action.Regulation is found in Covenants Part 1 (Exhibit "C", Section 2.1, PDF page 4)
chevron_rightAm I responsible for the condition of the sidewalks (snow, ice, repair, etc.)?
Yes. It is considered your property, as is your driveway and front door walkways, porches and back patios.
chevron_rightAre in-ground pools allowed?
It depends. No in-ground pools are allowed if your home backs up to any common area.If you are in other areas of the neighborhood you need to submit an Architectural Review Requestwith a drawing indicating exactly type/size and where on your property you want to install it.
chevron_rightCan I have an above ground pool?
- If you back up to a common area, you are not allowed to have an above ground pool (except for kiddie size)
- If you are in other areas of the neighborhood, you must submit an Architectural Review Request with a drawing indicating what type and size of pool and where you will be placing it.
chevron_rightCan I install a shed or outdoor storage unit?
It depends.You cannot have a shed if your home backs up to the common area.You can have a shed if your home is in the other areas of the neighborhood.The type and placement need to be approved. Please submit an Architectural Review Requestwith a drawing of the type/size and where in the yard you will place it.For details on which kinds are allowed, go to the Covenants Part 2 andPDF page 20 (Exhibit "F", section 4.24).The specific recommended designs start on PDF page 28.
chevron_rightCan I install rooftop solar panels?
Yes, you can.Go to the Covenants Part 2 and on PDF page 18 (Exhibit "F", beginning of Section 4)
chevron_rightDo pets have to be leashed when outside?
chevron_rightAre there noise policies regarding dogs?
Yes, they are written by Midwest City. Contact MWC Code Enforcement for excessive barking. 405-739-1009
- chevron_rightHow do I report an electric outage?
- chevron_rightHow do I report street light outages?
- chevron_rightCan I lease/rent out my residence?
chevron_rightDo I have restrictions on who I can sell my house to?
Yes. You cannot sell to an REI (Real Estate Investment company) - they will lease out your home.You also cannot sell to individuals who will lease out your home.